FIGHT!!! And how.
So last year I was talked into doing Rose from Street Fighter for a cosplay group for DragonCon. Seemed like a straightforward costume except at the time I got started late and ran into some pattern/sewing issues that stopped me dead in my tracks. Needless to say, Rose didn’t happen for D*Con ’10.
Fast forward a year and its time again. Sarie Vs Rose FIGHT!!!
I got out a nearly forgotten bag of fuchsia fabric with hints of purple and yellow bits and set it before me. The first step was to figure out what the heck I was doing last time.
So I get everything sorted and pressed and thought to start with something simple. Just sew some darts, no problem. I was prepared this time.
Things seemed to be going well, but then it happened. I got to the exact same place I was at last year that I got stuck at. I even found the last seam that gave me fits last year, still a mess, intact in the bottom of the bag. This year would be different, I would figure this out. It would be mine.
I was wrong. Boy, was I wrong.
I tried every single trick I knew. Every way to do the thing, I tried. I tried following directions, I tried making up my own directions, I started from different ends of the seam, I started from the middle of the seam, I made marks, I clipped curves, I did everything and no matter which way I tried, there was an armpit butthole. Frustrated doesn’t begin to describe the increase in shithate I feel now for Vogue patterns. I can’t exactly start over, all the Rose colored fabric is already cut for this inane pattern. I’m starting to feel like here ends my foray into cosplay. Probably for the best.