After finally finishing the granny square afghan it was time to get started on a new crochet project. I got this pattern in an email from Lily’s Sugar N Cream and it was perfect for summer and would be a great pool bag for toting my book and towel and whatnot to and fro. And I wasn’t quite granny-squared out so off I went!
I picked out my colors and got busy quickly cranking out enough of the shapes to make the front side of the bag!
Once I started piecing the front side together I realized that things weren’t exactly working out right. There was weird puckering and the sides weren’t lining up. Hmm.
Ahh. These hexagons are distinctly PENTAGONS. Crap.
Since I needed to add a side, there was no point in frogging them all back to reuse the yarn. So starting over was the best option. A simple miscount early on and not paying close enough attention to the pattern only cost me a couple of nights worth of work. Bullshit. Needless to say, starting over has taken a bit of the wind out of my sails.